“Debra has a voice which beautifully combines Celtic and Appalachian sensibilities…deeply satisfying, lyrical and musically elegant.” —Roseanne Cash
Following a life-long desire to sing and perform, Debra Cowan left her job as a California middle school math teacher in 1997 and went to live in Edinburgh, Scotland for six months. There she learned the art of unaccompanied singing. Upon her return to the USA in 1998, she began traveling all over New England performing at any open mic within 100 miles of her new home in Springfield, Massachusetts.
More than 20 years later, she is now a full-time performer who bridges the old and new with aView more
Requested Donation: $10
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Apr 12, 2019 at 08:15 pm (Fri)
Additional time info:
Seating is limited. Please arrive early. Doors open at 7:30 pm
Free parking in the Curtiss Street Parking Garage after 3:00 pm. Street parking is also available.
1047 Curtiss Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515
- On-street parking
- Downers Grove Parking Deck
- Commuter parking lots are free after 11:00 a.m. on weekdays, as well as on weekends and major holidays
- Handicapped accessible parking is available on Main Street, Rogers Street, Curtiss Street, Washington Street (by the Post Office), and on Warren Avenue
- Accessible parking can also be found in Commuter Lot A and the Parking Deck