IMPORTANT: Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may be canceled or postponed. Please check with individual event organizers for the latest information about cancellations.
The Artist-in-Residence program is an opportunity for children and families to observe, learn, and interact with a professional artist. The Artist and children will share in a collaborative and open-ended process of creating artwork together.
As a cultural institution and gathering place for all people in our community, we are seeking to diversify our art collection, presentations, and displays to ensure multiple cultures are visible throughout our physical space. Artists will provide continued guidance to the Museum as we ensure that everyone in our entire community is welcomed into and represented in the art experiences we provide.
The Artist-in-Residence program is open to professional artists and makers:
● Locally based in DuPage County, Chicagoland area, any Illinois resident.
● Who have experience working with the public and teaching or creating art with early childhood/elementary populations – specifically those age birth to ten years old.
● Who enjoy working with young children; children with disabilities; and children from diverse cultural, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The selected artists will:
● Commit to a total of 66 hours working with families. Some of this may include prep work for virtual presentations or online interactive programs.
● Studio hours include artist’s collaboration with children and the art-making process, answering guests’ questions, and time for the artists to work on the project in view of museum guests.
● Letter of Interest: Provide details about why you are interested in working with DuPage Children’s Museum, its site, and community of children and adults.
● Resume or curriculum vitae (include experience working with children 0-10 and/or families)
● Artist work samples and proposal images
Accepting questions for clarification on proposals and scope of the Artist-in-Residence Program through October 16.
Arts & Maker Specialist
Arts DuPage, an initiative of the DuPage Foundation, seeks to promote engagement and investment in the arts and creativity for all in the DuPage region. Please help us in this important work by clicking the button below and making a donation today. Thank you for your support!DONATE TODAY