IMPORTANT: Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events may be canceled or postponed. Please check with individual event organizers for the latest information about cancellations.
Wheaton Public Library is seeking presenters to participate in its first Maker Day!
The library celebrates the Maker Movement which embraces innovation, creativity and learning. All ages are invited to watch or work with presenters as they demonstrate their crafts. If you or your organization would like to be part of our Maker Day celebration please fill out an application (print or online).
• Submit an application (print or online) by Friday, August 10, 2018
• Presenters will be notified on Monday, August 13, 2018
• Event setup begins Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 12:00 noon
• Event opens to the public Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
• Technology, Robotics, LEDs
• Other Arts & Crafts
Types of Presentations:
• Watch & Learn
• Make It-Take It
Maker Day Guidelines:
• Presenter must be available October 20 from 12 – 5 p.m.
• Presenter must have an interactive display
• Presenter may not sell products or services
• No food items for consumption
The library is accepting donations for prize drawings at the Maker Day event. If you would like to donate an item to be included in a prize basket, please let us know at Makerday@wheatonlibrary.org
See it on the website: http://wheatonlibrary.org/maker-day
Arts DuPage, an initiative of the DuPage Foundation, seeks to promote engagement and investment in the arts and creativity for all in the DuPage region. Please help us in this important work by clicking the button below and making a donation today. Thank you for your support!DONATE TODAY