PHOENIX is fostering an opportunity for its employees to view works and connect with artists in the community by showcasing the work of local artists in the gallery space on the 2nd floor of the PHOENIX corporate office where featured pieces will be displayed on a quarterly rotating basis.
Artists are invited to submit entries for consideration for the next gallery exhibit.
- Email images: Artists interested in displaying large format 2-D or 3-D artwork are invited to email images of their pieces to The PHXGallery Committee, at PHXgallery@phxpkg.com for consideration.
- Choose a theme: Artists should specify a theme their art would exhibit. Suggested themes are listed on the PHXGallery calendar (see attached) but the PHX Gallery Committee is open to other themes that would inspire creativity or celebrate our community or cultural differences. Emailed submissions should clearly state how the pieces speak to the selected theme.
- Attach the release: Review and sign the PHX Gallery Release for Property Damage and Theft and include you’re your email submission. This document also requires a description of each piece you are submitting for the exhibit.
- Deadline: Please submit your email that includes images, theme, and release form by the following date:
The PHXGallery Committee will notify applicants of their approval at least 30 days prior to the anticipated delivery date.
Upon selection, artists will be given a date and time to deliver their artwork, as well as a date and time for pickup when the exhibit closes approximately three (3) months later.
- Art chosen for exhibition will be shown for up to three months.
- Artist must submit a minimum of 4 pieces and up to 10 pieces of art based on the theme.
- Artwork would occupy a space 38 ft x 10 ft. (see image below) Submissions need to be measured and approved for exhibit.
- More than one artist may be selected to exhibit in the space at the same time based on number of submissions and size of pieces.
- A selection committee from PHOENIX will determine which submitted pieces will be displayed.
- All artwork must be original in nature (no reproductions, giclees, or offset prints. Exceptions are made in the cases of photography and printmaking) and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws.
- All artwork must be framed (or gallery wrapped) and wired (no sawtooth hangers).
- Participants are solely responsible for the timely arrival of their entries.
- Artists must sign PHXGallery Release for Property Damage and Theft indicating they have read all rules and requirements and agree that PHOENIX is not held liable for any damage to, or theft of artwork. Additionally, permission is given to photograph artwork for promotional purposes.
- Artwork may be for sale. PHOENIX will connect the artist with any employee that is interested in purchasing the art. If a piece is sold, the artist will be responsible for sales negotiations, payment collections, and adherence to Illinois sales tax regulations. All monies received from a sale belong to the artist–PHOENIX will not collect a commission.
- Selected artists must submit a brief bio that will be displayed in the gallery area.
- Artist has the option of a PHXGallery reception to be held at a date and time mutually agreed upon by the Artist and PHOENIX. This reception will give the artist an opportunity to speak to their work and connect with PHOENIX employees.
Click here for complete instructions.
PHOENIX is packaging manufacturer headquartered in Aurora, IL that operates five facilities in the US and employs over 500 employees. PHOENIX is committed to the security of our product, our customer’s products, our employees, and our communities. For over a century, this has been the driving factor on why we continue to manufacture packaging in the USA. We take our corporate citizenship to heart and have an established Corporate Social Responsibility team that ensures we live our purpose, mission, vision and values every day in all aspects of our business.